… that you might not expect.
- You will get very keen on sports clothing and will suddenly be prepared to spend money once dedicated to shoes and handbags on swanky looking gym wear.
- You will feel like you are spending half your life washing and drying this swanky looking gym wear.
- You learn a whole new terminology and embrace your inner geek. Who knew what over-pronating was until you go for an analysis of your running style?
- Some of your other not so healthy habits disappear along the way with very little awareness, as your exercise and improved lifestyle spills out into other parts of your life.
- You will get called boring by friends and family who aren’t interested in exercise, when you don’t order a desert, only have the one glass of wine, and so on.
- You will sleep like a baby.
- You will begin to care about the elusive Personal Best. Quite a bit, actually.
- You will realise it is entirely possible to get stuck in a sports bra.
- You will be willing to get up in the morning to do strange things like go to a parkrun, even if it means leaving a nice warm bed.
- There are few better feelings than realising your body can do something that it couldn’t do just a few weeks ago.